Lots of good news to share as March roars in – details below, but here’s a summary:
1) Please consider participating in the making of a cool “flash mob” video on April 27 at Children’s Hospital. The hope is that the video will “go viral” and allow us to raise even more money for the Courage Classic this year. Many thanks to our brothers and sisters on the Gears of Courage for cooking this up and for taking the lead on organizing – RSVP and details below.
2) Reminder re our LEADERSHIP COUNCIL DINNER TOMORROW NIGHT — FEB. 29 6:30-8:30PM. If your name isn’t on the list below, please RSVP to me now. All are welcome and we could really use everyone’s ideas and energy!
3) Welcome to our latest WoJ Sponsors: Cooley LLP and COPIC at the $5K level and Hall & Evans at the $2.5K level, bringing our sponsorship total to $37,500 so far. How about asking your company or firm to join the bandwagon? Our team makes a difference for the Center for Cancer and Blood Disorders because people like you muster the courage to make the “ask” for this amazing cause. Need help making that ask? Just let us know.
HERE’S MORE DETAILED SCOOP ON ALL
1. FLASH MOB AT CHC! We are planning an exciting evening on April 27th at Children’s Hospital Colorado that will help all of us in our fundraising efforts for the 2012 Courage Classic ride… YES, it’s a flash mob! and we want you to participate. We are partnering with the Gears of Courage to create and execute this fun event.
For those of you who don’t know what a flashmob looks like, check out this classic from the Antwerp train station- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQLCZOG202k (and note how many people have seen it!)
We are planning for and are going to stage a similar thing in the atrium of the hospital. It is going to be great and you don’t want to miss it. We need 40-50 riders from our team- can you join us? Actual dancing skill is optional.
Here is the plan: we will gather at ~5 pm on April 27, 2012 we will rehearse, and then film the flashmob scene. that’s all there is to it. We’ll have some food and drink to snack on too (and loosen ourselves up before the scene shoots). Audio mixing has already begun for the music, and the choreographers will be getting to work in the next few weeks on the dancing and sequencing.
WHAT WE NEED is to know (roughly) who is planning to participate so we’d like you to let us know if you are available to participate the night of 4/27 at 5pm. All participants will receive a flash-mob training video so you can learn the moves in advance. We will ask you to wear your team jersey and something over it in all likelihood for the event.
That’s all for now. Everyone on the teams will have access to the resulting video for use in your fundraising. We think this is going to be a fun event and more importantly will help us all raise more money to help kids at Children’s Hospital Colorado. Thanks! Please RSVP to email@example.com if you are going to participate and more details will be coming soon.
2. LEADERSHIP COUNCIL DINNER, FEB. 29 6:30-8:30PM – PLEASE JOIN US Tomorrow Night!!
Want to help Wheels of Justice and Children’s Hospital in an even more meaningful way this year? Then please consider joining the WoJ Leadership Council – a group of people who commit to going that extra mile to make the team a success. It’s not a huge time commitment – especially if we get lots of people to give just a little time – and you can pick the area you would most enjoy helping. And many non-riders volunteer for this group too! Definitely the more, the merrier.
Areas in which we could help this year include: 1) Legal Community Fundraising, 2) Business Community Fundraising, 3) Medical Community Fundraising, 4) Marketing & Communications (including website, team emails, social media, ads and press), 5) Team Apparel, 6) Team Events and Logistics, 7) Training Rides and 9) Sponsor Appreciation. Please let me know if any of these areas will be of particular interest to you , as we’ll be trying to form more efficient subcommittees this year.
So please join us for the Leadership Council Kick-Off Dinner Feb. 29, 6:30-8:30pm at the home of Drs. Stephen Hunger & Cammy Pane, 9582 E Maplewood Circle, Greenwood Village CO 80111. Please mark your calendar and RSVP to me soon as possible, so that we can get a good count for food. [Also please note that this dinner will take place the same night as the Courage Classic Kick-Off, but we’re sticking with the date due to the difficulties in scheduling lots of busy people].
RSVPs so far (if you are not on this list and want to come just let me know via return email): 1. Heather, 2. Robert 3. Bradley 4. Aaron 5. Elizabeth Russo 6. Ms. Russo’s Husband 7. Scotty Rolfs 8. Joanne Hilden 9. Roger Hilden 10. Emily Curray 11. Tom Smith 12. Terrie Catlow 13. Emma Garrison 14. Brian Meegan 15. Bernie Gheris 16. Brandon Neuterlichten 17. Cammy Pane 18. Steve Hunger 19. Allie Gerkman 20. Chuck Turner 21. Heather Clark
3. HERE ARE OTHER WAYS THAT YOU CAN HELP MAKE 2012 WoJ’s BEST YEAR YET:
* SIGN UP TO RIDE: So far 6 riders have registered via our team page at www.couragetours.com/2012/team/woj — please sign up now and don’t delay – as this ride has sold out in the past. You sure don’t want to miss this one!
**Ask Your Firm or Company to Sponsor: So far in 2012, your Wheels of Justice Leadership Council has raised more than $37,500 from Denver’s leading law firms and businesses. BUT WE NEED YOUR HELP, TOO! If you have any leads on companies and firms that may be interested in joining our MILLION DOLLAR bandwagon, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will go anywhere, anytime to make presentations to a potential sponsor and let them know about all of the great benefits we offer to sponsors.
* RECRUIT YOUR FRIENDS AND COLLEAGUES: If you know anyone who is ready to both fundraise and ride this year, please forward this email to them and ask them to visit our website at www.wheelsofjusticecycling.org. Then tell them what a great experience you’ve had as a WoJ ride and ask them to join you and the team on this year’s quest! Remember both lawyers and non-lawyers are welcome, as well as all fitness levels. We gear the team to accommodate all levels and offer great team parties and apparel, plus weekly training rides and coaching!
DEEPEST THANKS TO OUR AMAZING 2012 TEAM SPONSORS, who have helped us to raise $25,000 so far:
Lathrop & Gage
Faegre Baker Daniels
Hall & Evans LLC